Friday, October 28, 2011

Scary Stories That Scare Our Friend

It's Halloween time soon, not that we celebrate this event. All we do is only clean-up our ancestor's grave and off we go.




Photobucket


I could make a wild guess that our Mikey Bustos look-a-like friend from LIWAWA CLUB- Troy De Venecia is hiding under the blanket when Halloween comes. (He's the guy in the middle, with him is my hubby on the left and our friend, Cirilo, on the right)

He is a regular fellow most times. A jolly person who cracks silly jokes and a generous man who gives his time to help others. At nighttime, however, he has his limits. He goes out at night, alright, can even stay out late until the wee hours of the morning. But there's this one thing that sends him home....

It was in December 2004 when I first found out his weakness. It was a time when we usually practiced caroling in the evenings 'til it was quite late (10:00 PM in the barrio). The third night we were done with practice and about to adjourn the meeting, his close friends Boryong and Cirilo went: "Troy,we have a very wonderful story..... listen to this... one night in a place not far away..." they would trail off.

At this juncture, without even listening to the story Troy would hurry off to go home and yell: "Bad trip naman kayo, ayoko ng kwentong ganyan!" You're bad trip, I don't like your stories!

Hurriedly he would ride on his bike and speed home faster than you can say his full name. See below, that box on the top right corner is his place, ours is the lowest box on the left. See how far he bikes with his eyes closed!



And so it has been the group's habit of teasing him about his fear of ghost stories. Sometimes they would joke that we tie Troy to a chair and tell him our medley of horror stories until we can't think of anymore! Ouch!

I once asked my hubby about that. Being the know-it-all, hubby tells me it's those goosebumps they feel that really scares people. Feels like a spirit is hovering nearby. eww, yikes!

I'd like to share some stories to Troy, just to let him know it's just one of those things you can laugh at. Oh yeah, I told him a story before and he listened - ha-ha, because it was daytime! I asked him, "Takot ka?" Scared? He even joked back, "Anong multo, haharapin ko!" What ghost, I'll face him! naks!

Anyways, here is what I would like to share with him if given a chance. Fear is a normal reaction but it is bad if it remains in your heart. Or if it keeps on coming back to you. There are two bible verses that changed my thinking of fear.

It was Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

and 2 Timothy 1:7 "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE,and of a SOUND MIND."

Just these two verses for me to meditate on, renewed my mind. Used to be a very fearful person, fear crippled me in my daily activities. Gradually I overcame my imagined fear and moved on.
About The Author
Christinchen, that's me. This blog is about ebooks, personal stuff, trending topics on twitter or alexa and learning SEO.
Share This

0 comments:

 

P*J Ebooks Copyright © 2009 Fashionzine is Designed by Ipietoon for Bie Blogger Template
In Collaboration With Teen Celebrities